Sales & Marketing Manager
Greater Good Imperial Brewing Co. (GG) is seeking a full-time Sales & Marketing Manager to join its growing team. This position reports to the President of GG. Established in 2015 and distributed since August 2016, GG is known for being Americas First All-Imperial Brewing Company TM. Some of its best-selling beers include PULP IPA and “V” IPA, CITRA Belgian Imperial IPA, Helena Imperial Altbier, Good Night Moon Imperial Milk Porter, and Greylock Imperial New England IPA. GG is currently brewing under contract in Williamsburg MA and building state-of-the-art Pub Brewery in Worcester MA scheduled to open in Q1 2018. GG’s brand is positioned for rapid growth in the Northeast over the next 3-5 years.
As the Sales & Marketing Manager, the candidate will directly be responsible for all aspects of the sales territory including seeking and closing new accounts, retaining and growing current business, marketing to accounts, training and education, and working with our distributor to execute and manage our positions in the market. Territory is currently defined as Massachusetts, although New England regional expansion is likely. Job duties include:
- Selling. Achieving sales and marketing goals set on a quarterly basis
- Acquiring new distribution GG products in retail accounts
- Marketing. Organizing, promoting, and executing promotional events at accounts and in the market including beer dinners, tap takeovers, festivals, tasting events, and samplings
- Increasing rate of sale through brand visibility, staff trainings, and education
- Maintaining weekly reports and detailed, digital notes using computer
- Managing relationships at key accounts while identifying and targeting growth accounts
- Managing and developing distributor relationships including executing, communicating and driving sales programs, and execution of business plan
- A passion for our beer, strong sales skills, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to grow and maintain long-term relationships.
- Entrepreneurial marketing is a key.
- Computer literate with a proficiency using social media- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, UnTappd, etc.
- Must be able to think differently in a sea of uniformity.
- A highly self-motivated individual with a strong sense of personal and social responsibility is a core asset.
Additional requirements include:
- 21 years of age
- A minimum of one year of experience in a sales-forward role
- Must live inside the primary sales territory (Worcester MA area) or be willing to relocate
- A people person who excels at forging meaningful relationships with others
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organizational habits, a self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel for the company
- A strong passion for American craft beers as well as a knowledge of the brewing process, beer styles, beer presentation, and rudimentary beer dispense
- Knowledge of beer distribution and the three-tier system
- A good palate, especially for beer
- Personal vehicle with clean driving record and personal liability insurance
- Natural leadership, integrity, loyalty, and exceptional personal character
Greater Good Imperial Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be very competitive with industry standards. Please apply here and attach a current resume and cover letter. Calls or personal visits will not be accepted.